We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to support a variety of projects in our rapidly growing North America team. Applied Information Group is an award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy that designs the interactions between people and the built environment. We offer a career in an important field at the intersection of design and planning with clients around the world, and are looking for people who have an active interest in the creative industries including architecture, urban design, digital or graphic design.
About the role
Working at Applied means working in a fast-paced environment where you will get to be involved with project management on a variety of projects. You will report to the Commercial Director and be responsible for high quality delivery of projects on time and budget. This role is primarily about effective project coordination with some client relationship management.
- Coordinate multiple projects with significant variations in budget;
- Manage the client relationship, from successful on-boarding to project completion;
- Estimate deliverables along with project leads to produce timelines and estimates for project proposals and change requests;
- Manage resource in a tight scheduling environment to ensure projects receive adequate resourcing;
- Coordinate and run client meetings for the project team (often in front of senior executives of well known companies) and produce concise, accurate meeting notes and actions;
- Ensure the team is on track with key deadlines and maintain a detailed understanding of project scope;
- Be the voice of the client for the internal project team;
- Advise on management, administration and acquisition of subcontractors;
- Maintain and control project documentation and tools in order to communicate progress and risks to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Produce project forecasts and support the invoicing process;
- Support business development and commercial communication activities;
- Provide general support and advice to the studio on resource and business systems development.
- 3+ years experience as an Project Coordinator/ Project Manager/ Account Manager dealing directly with clients. Experience of a design/ creative studio context is desirable as is experience of working in the public sector;
- The ability to quickly earn the trust and confidence of project teams and clients at all levels;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence and negotiate both internally and externally;
- Ability to recognize risk and develop mitigation plans to maintain project delivery, quality and profitability;
- Experience and ability to multi-task across different projects, project stages and client needs;
- The ability to distill complex information into an easily understandable format;
- Experience working with teams running project programmes, negotiating resources, and managing budgets for high-value clients;
- Comfortable with presenting (both in person and online), especially to senior executives;
- Proficient in Excel, G suite, Mac OS and video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, Merlin.
- The drive to work with limited supervision and use your judgment and initiative to manage projects, as well as working collaboratively with others.
- Experience working in or with public sector clients including city authorities or transit agencies would be an advantage
If you are interested, but unsure if you have what we are looking for, please contact us.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work with a team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- Hybrid working - work from home and the company office in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Generous paid time off
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave following the birth or adoption of your child
- Medical, dental, vision package, 401K
- Team socials
- Learning and development budget
We are a company that is fully committed to advancing people and society and looking after the planet. Applied is currently working towards B-Corp certification. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.