About the role
Applied is looking for a Communications Manager to work in a fast-paced environment where you will get to be involved with all aspects of communications and a variety of projects. You will report to the CEO and be responsible for developing and executing the company's communications strategy. This involves communicating the impact and value of innovative wayfinding and information systems for the world’s leading cities, organisations and institutions using a number of online and print media channels, events and written communications. As the Communications Manager, you will be the main liaison and work closely with our external PR Agency. You will be responsible for organising content, coordinating press briefings, staying on top of project updates and strategically supporting the PR team in delivering high-quality press coverage in both national and international media.
What we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who loves working with communications across diverse channels and mediums, and who wants a varied day-to-day working with global outreach and in an organisation with the opportunity to grow. The international nature of the role means being available at times outside the standard work-day and this role may require international travel. We are looking for a candidate with:
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related field.
• 2-3 years experience working in communications, media, journalism or marketing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence and negotiate both internally and externally.
• Experience devising and executing communications strategies and products.
• Strong analytical and organisation skills, and the ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential issues.
• An understanding of strategic communications, the media landscape and knowledge and ability with Social Media platforms.
• Previous experience managing and commissioning external agencies, specialists and photographers to support the development of communications strategies, products and events.
• Previous experience in copywriting and content creation for website, marketing and communications materials, newsletters, online media and press articles.
• Experience in managing press enquiries and public speaking engagements.
• The drive to work autonomously and take initiative, as well as work collaboratively with others.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and managing competing deadlines.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to quickly establish relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• An awareness and interest in design and the built environment
• Knowledge of and previous experience with website CMS is desirable but not essential.
• An interest in design and visual identity to help manage and maintain a coherent identity across all communications materials and platforms.
• Experience in change management is desirable but not essential.
We will select applicants based on merit including relevant experience, skills, and interest in the role. We are a company that is fully committed to advancing people and society and looking after the planet. Applied is currently working towards B-Corp certification. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. If you are interested but unsure if you have what we are looking for please contact us.
Please attach a CV and short cover letter introducing yourself and how you feel you could contribute to the team at Applied. Please state in the subject line the position applied for: Communications Manager.
We appreciate your interest in this role and thank you for taking the time to apply. We may
have a high volume of responses but will endeavour to get back to everyone who applies.
Looking forward to hearing from you.