Applied Information Group is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary consultancy. It designs the interactions between people and the built environment.
Applied works for well-known clients across the globe and offers careers in an important and exciting field that tackles the future of cities and the sustainability of the planet. At any given moment the organization is delivering a range of projects which differ significantly in subject, size and complexity. It is vital to the success of the business that projects are delivered on time and exceed company and client expectations. It is equally important to the business that working for Applied is fulfilling and advances personal growth.
About the role
Working at Applied means working in a fast-paced environment where you will get to be involved with project management on a variety of projects across multiple time-zones. You will report to one of our experienced Account Directors and be responsible for the commercial success and support the high-quality delivery of medium to large-sized projects on time and budget. This role will balance effective detailed and complex project management, with client relationship management, reporting of financial and commercial opportunities to the wider business.
- Smoothly run and deliver key client projects / streams.
- Develop strong client relationships to ensure a high quality experience and service from the team
- Work with the project team to ensure budget and timeline targets are met, and with project lead to identify cost-saving opportunities as needed
- Build and develop scope opportunities with your client contacts
- Financial reporting of your accounts and projects
- Manage medium sized accounts, potentially with multiple streams of work
- Manage streams of work within a larger multi-faceted client accounts
- Support Regional Account Directors on key accounts as needed
- Develop and grow strong client relationships, from successful onboarding to project completion
- Organize and maintain project dashboards
- Lead internal check-ins with the project leads to review resource needs and forecast billings
- Upon identification of an opportunity, work to develop a clearly defined scope, to be signed off by your client contact. This may require support from the project lead, regional account director, and other team members
- Assist the Business Development team in the development of high-quality, competitive proposals and presentations for new commercial opportunities
- Along with the project team, take lead and contribute to project roadmap planning
- Reporting to the Commercial Director, forecast revenue and identify any additional commercial opportunities as needed
- Working with the project team, lead the creation of account plans / account dashboard as applicable to the client account
- Ensure, with the project lead, any subcontractor requirements are coordinated and costed within the project budget
- Inform milestones/deadlines for resourcing needs
- Develop and deliver Performance reports to the Commercial team
- Ensure invoices are accurately submitted
- Work with the Finance team on any payment issues
Who we are looking for
We will select applicants based on merit including relevant experience, skills, and interest in the role.
We are a company that is fully committed to advancing people and society and looking after the planet. Applied is currently working towards B-Corp certification. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who loves working on multiple projects, across multiple time-zones, and who wants a varied day-to-day role. We work across the globe and you will sometimes need to be available outside the standard work day.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- 3-5 years experience as a Project or Account Manager, preferably in the design or urban planning industry
- Ability to work directly with multiple stakeholders and multiple project teams across multiple time-zones
- The ability to quickly earn the trust and confidence of project teams and clients at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills skills to motivate, influence and negotiate both internally and externally
- Ability to confidently navigate unexpected / sudden requests and unforeseen detours
- Experience and the ability to stay productive when competing demands pull you in different directions at once
- The ability to distill complex information into an easily understandable format
- Confidence in public speaking / presenting is essential
- Proficient in Excel, G suite, Mac OS and video conferencing platforms such as Google Meet, Zoom, and Teams
- The drive to work autonomously and take initiative, as well as work collaboratively with others
If you are interested but unsure if you have what we are looking for please contact us.